<< Fixed, Solid Sloped Tail
The fixed, solid sloped tail section of the SST™ improves load angle by 3-½ degrees, making it ideal for loading low-clearance exotic or performance vehicles.
SST™ Option >>
The SST™ option is available on the 12 Series LCG™ steel carrier with removable blade rails and on the 12 Series aluminum carrier with solid, narrow-profile rails.
- Patented Anti-Tilt Device – ensures the bed will not tilt until it clears the bed locks
- Positive Lock-Down – secures the bed to the chassis frame for transport
- Inboard Mounted 3” Lift Cylinders – allows for the unrestricted mounting of toolboxes
- LED Body Lighting – longer light life and less amp draw
- One-Piece Tread Plate – eliminates unsightly weld seams and the potential for damaged vehicles and equipment to get hung up on welds, smooth floor available at no charge
- Multiple Fixed and Removable Side Rail Options – to meet your specific requirements
- 8” On Center Crossmembers – gives you a stronger, more durable bed
- 11 Key Slots on Steel Decks – allows for multiple tie-down options when securing loads
- 210” Subframe – allows for maximum overlap for strength and stability
- Dual Trays – separates electrical harness from hydraulic hoses for longer life and serviceability
<< Lower Deck
With a five- to six-inch lower deck height, the LCG™ allows for better stability and overhead clearance when hauling vehicles or equipment as well as increased operator safety because the operator can secure the equipment while standing safely on the ground. Additionally, the LCG™’s low angle allows for easier loading overall.
Low-Profile Wheel Lift >>
The LCG™’s low-profile wheel lift stinger provides 68 inches of reach with a lift rating of 3,500 pounds. When retracted, the crossbar tucks in with minimal overhang. The LCG™ comes standard with the slide-in L-Arm system, while the Vulcan strapless system and hydraulic AutoGrip system are both optional.
<< Side Mount Winch
The Side Mount Winch allows the operator to easily adjust a sliding pulley assembly into nine different positions for a straight line pull with loading vehicles with screw in tow eyes or hooks. The option is available with a 9,000- or 12,000-pound planetary winch and requires a stationary cab protector or the SP 8,000 Sidepuller option.
Well-Equiped Tailboard >>
The LCG™ tailboard is equipped with easy-access safety chains, and adjustable rear stabilizer, LED body lighting and anti-theft storage for the standard slide-in L-Arms. The optional galvanized subframe assembly includes the control station, tail light housing and wheel lift outer boom for additional protection from salt and road spray.
<< AutoGrip II
The AutoGrip II self-loading wheel lift option operates from the control stations of the carrier by lowering the wheel lift, opening the claws and extending the crossbar until it comes into contact with the towed vehicles tires. The claws are then closed and the vehicle is ready to be lifted.
Strapless Wheel Retainer >>
Vulcan’s Strapless Wheel Retainer System is one of the easiest and safest systems on the market today. The retainers pivot both vertically and horizontally for easy hook up in a variety of situations and best of all, no tie-down straps.
<< SP 8000 Sidepuller
The unique design of the SP 8000 Sidepuller allows the operator to use the removable sheave head on either side or winch directly from the center pivoting sheave. The center sheave is able to pivot 180 degrees, allowing you to winch in any direction behind the cab, even straight onto the carrier deck.
20-Degree Dump >>
In addition to the low load angle, the LCG™ has a dump angle of up to 20 degrees. This allows the operator to easily unload damaged vehicles or equipment.
<< Low Load Angle
With a lower deck height and low load angle, the LCG™ allows the operator to load most vehicles without needing wood or planks.
With the standard 102-inch wide deck, the 12,000- or 16,000-pound deck capacity, the LCG™ easily accommodates wider vehicles or those with oversized tires. Both the 12 and 16 Series LCG™ carriers are available in either aluminum or steel, and with solid-tube railing or a selection of removable side rails.
- Platform Available in Aluminum or Steel
- Floor Level Sides with Stage Pockets (Steel)
- Tri-Hollow Tube Rails (Alum.)
- 210” Full Length Subframe
- Right and Left Chain Trays
- Safety Chains (2-front, 2-rear)
- Painted in Black Acrylic Enamel (Steel Only)
- Left & Right Side Illuminated Controls
- Federal Standard #108 LED Lighting
- 8,000 lb. Hydraulic Winch w/50’ Cable
- Full Function Wheel Lift System
- Slide-In L-Arms With Anti-Theft Storage
- Pre-Wired Electrical Junction Box
- Back-up Lights & Alarm
- Adjustable Rear Stabilizer
- Bed Built 102” Wide
- 11 key Slot Package (Steel)
- 4 Key Slot Package (Alum.)
- Full Length Slide Pads
- Bed Anti-tilt Lockout
- Positive Lock-down
- Two Lift Cylinders
- One Extension Cylinder
- Winch Clutch Release
- Cable Tensioner
- Cable Roller Guide
- Tow Light Socket
- Mud Flaps
- Hydraulic Pump
- Frame Mounted Headboard (Requires 6” Additional CA)
- Tribox Frame Mounted Headboard (Requires 8” Additional CA)
- Bed Mounted Headboard
- Solid Tube Side Rails (Steel, N/C)
- Steel Removable Tube Rails
- Aluminum Removable Tube Rails
- Aluminum Removable Blade Rails
- Optional Color on Top of Deck and Side Rails (Steel)
- Steel or Aluminum Tool Compartments
- Work Lights (Rear, Pylon or Winch Mounted)
- Various Chain & Strap Assemblies
- Vulcan’s Strapless Wheel Retainer System
- Auto-Grip Wheel Lift
- Dock Stabilizer in lieu of Wheel Lift
- 9,000 lb. or 12,000 lb. Planetary Winch
- Wired or Wireless Winch Remote
- Side Mount Winch
- Galvanized Subframe
- SP 8000 Sidepuller
- 8 Key Slot Package (Alum.)
- Additional Key Slots
- Smooth Floor in lieu of Tread Plate (Steel)
- Wood Floor
- Rumber Flooring
- Switch Panel
- Emergency Lighting
|Chassis Recommendations||12 Series||16 Series|
|Minimum Frame Length Behind Center of Rear Axle||36”||36”|
|Minimum Frame Height||33”||36”|
|Maximum Frame Height||38”||40”|
|GVWR||19,5000 lbs. – 26,000 lbs.||26,000 lbs. – 33,000 lbs.|
|Wheel & Tire Size||19.5||22.5|
|Bed Specifications||12 Series||16 Series|
|Load Rating*||12,000 lbs.||16,000 lbs.|
|Platform Length||21’, 21 ½’, 22’||21’, 21 ½’, 22’, 23’, 24’, 25’, 26’|
|Platform Floorplate Thickness||3/16"||3/16"|
|Platform Width (Outside)||102"||102"|
|Platform Width (Inside)**||96.5" to 101"||96.5" to 101"|
|Platform Mainbeam||6" I-Beam||6" I-Beam|
|Platform Crossmembers (Steel)||2" x 2" Cor-ten Tube||2" x 2" Cor-ten Tube|
|Platform Crossmembers (Aluminum)||2 ¼"||3"|
|Crossmember Spacing (Steel)||8" On Center||8" On Center|
|Crossmember Spacing (Aluminum)||4" On Center||4" On Center|
|Subframe Rails||5" x 3" x 5/16" H.S. Tube||5" x 3" x 5/16" H.S. Tube|
|Rear Pivot||1 Piece 1 ½" Diameter||1 Piece 1 ½" Diameter|
|Winch (1st Layer)||8,000 lb. Worm||8,000 lb. Worm|
|Cable||3/8" x 50’||3/8" x 50’|
|Bed Tilt Cylinders||3" Bore||3 ½" Bore|
|Bed Extension Cylinders||3 ½" Bore by 120" Stroke||3 ½" Bore by 120" Stroke|
|Wheel Lift Reach (Extended)||68"||72"|
|Wheel Lift Rating (Extended)||3,500 lbs.||4,000 lbs.|
|Tow Rating||10,000 lbs.||10,000 lbs.|
|Chassis Recommendations||12 Series||16 Series|
|Carrier Deck Length (FT)||Clear C.A. (Inches)||Min. Frame RBM (Each Rail Inch Lbs.)||Min. Frame RBM (each Rail Inch Lbs.)|
|21’||138”||600,000 in-lbs.||800,000 in-lbs.|
|21 ½’||144”||600,000 in-lbs.||800,000 in-lbs.|
|22’||150”||600,000 in-lbs.||800,000 in-lbs.|
Chassis components directly behind the cab must be 2” below the top of the truck frame.
* Platform rating is based on equally distributed load.
** Inside Bed Widths will vary based on Siderail Option.
*** The outside frame rails of the chassis extending behind the cab must be free of fuel tanks, air tanks, exhaust stacks, etc.
**** Not available on 12 Series LCG™
The LCG™ carrier is not compatible with chassis that have inboard mi-ship fuel tanks such as the Ford 550 and Dodge 5500. Fuel tanks must be under the cam. Fuel tanks can extend up to six inches behind the cab only in combination with the frame-mounted pylon. Fuel fill must not be behind the cam.
The preferred location for the battery box is under the passenger seat or under the cab; battery boxes in other locations may require relocation.
Air-bag rear suspensions are recommended for the lowest possible load angle but the LCG™ carrier can be mounted on some chassis with leaf spring suspensions. The top of the truck frame must not be more than 3 ¾ below the top of the tires with the airbag suspension deflated. Chassis that do not employ helper spring pads such as International 4300 and Ford F650 have no installation issues. Chassis such as Hino will need the helper spring pads lowered.
In-line horizontal exhaust systems on some chassis with 2010 emissions that require DEF may interfere with inboard tilt cylinders and an alternate exhaust configuration should be selected.
A minimum clearance of 49” between the inside of the rear tires is required.
Add 6” to C.A. for frame mounted pylon.
Add 12” to C.A. for SP 8000 side puller.
NOTE: All ratings are based on structural factors only, not vehicle capacities or capabilities. Specifications shown are approximations and may vary depending on chassis selected. Platform rating is based on an equally distributed load. Actual payload carrying capacity is determined by the curb weight of the chassis and equipment and should not exceed the GVWR of the chassis. Product and or specifications may change without notice or obligation. Some equipment shown is optional.